Name of Facility: Lowell Treatment Center
Location: Lowell, MA, USA
Name of Hospital: Pembroke Hospital
Location: Pembroke, MA, USA
- Patriot Ledger, “A third government regulator uncovers safety problems at Pembroke Hospital,” March 2016: Among other things, inspectors found that the hospital “failed to ensure accepted standards of care for administration of medication,” citing a lapse in identifying patients while dispensing drugs and in the improper storage of injection drugs” and other standards of patient safety.
- Arbour Health System, of which Pembroke is a part of, under repeated investigation
Name of Hospital: Allegheny Valley Hospital
Location: Natrona Heights/Harrison Township, PA, USA
- Trib LIVE, “State cites AVH over sexual assaults allegedly committed by patient assistant,” September 2016: State inspection report alleges patient assistant made inappropriate comments and engaged in sexual misconduct with female patients in the mental health unit. The hospital fired the employee. Report also cites the facility for failing to keep patients safe after reviewing four incidents involving the same employee.
Name of Hospital: University of Vermont Medical Center
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
- VT Digger, “UVM Medical Center cited for use of restraints,” December 2016: “State regulators have cited the University of Vermont Medical Center for how it used restraints on two patients who were having psychiatric crises in the emergency room.” The hospital was cited by the Department of Disabilities, Aging, and Independent Living’s Division of Licensing and Protection.
Name of Hospital: Brockville Mental Health Centre
Location: Brockville, Ontario, Canada
- Ottawa Citizen, “Rally slams conditions at Brockville Mental Health Centre,” February 2016: A Cree woman from the Onion Lake Cree Nation with mental health needs, as of article publication, had been held in seclusion since the autumn of 2015. Protesters rallied outside the center and “called upon the authorities to take her out of seclusion and facilitate her return to Saskatchewan, as recommended by the Ontario Review Board.”
Name of Hospital: Elmira Psychiatric Center
Location: Elmira, NY, USA
Name of Hospital: Providence DePaul Center
Location: Woodway, TX, USA
Waco Tribune-Herald, “Girl’s family sues DePaul Center, Providence, alleges sexual abuse,” May 2014: Lawsuit brought against Providence DePaul Center, alleges a nurse sexually assaulted a girl who was then a patient at the psychiatric facility.