New article on Psych Ward Reviews out at the Daily Dot
A new article is out at the Daily Dot with a feature on Psych Ward Reviews. Subjects include the potential ACA repeal, mental health care overall, aspects of psychiatric ward failures, and the purpose of the site. You can read it here. It’s important to get the perspective and site out there!
We have updated our collections of outside research!
This is the research we’ve been able to find without academic access. The pages for outside policy, research, and data that have been updated are:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Ratings
- Has explanation of role of CMS, explanation of quality indicators used by CMS, and the links to inpatient ratings by CMS.
- Institutional Abuse in Psychiatric Facilities
- Nine research articles linked to on topics including staff-on-patient abuse, restraint and seclusion, and other coercive/abusive care. Five of the articles have full text available online.
- Crisis Prevention and Community Living
- Five research articles or policy briefs linked to on topics of community living for people with mental health disabilities. Full text is available for all five online.
- Patient Perspectives on Care Experience
- Three research articles on topics of patient perspectives of inpatient care experience. Full text is available for all three online.
Estimated release date for the original policy toolkit on quality of patient care is now April. Stay tuned!