This page will host a white paper (release date to be determined).
The topic is the language journalists use when they write about staff-on-patient abuse in psychiatric facilities. There will be an analysis of language used in over 100 selected news articles. There will also be suggested journalistic guidelines covering staff-on-patient abuse.
- White Paper: Journalistic Language about Staff-on-Patient Abuse in Psychiatric Facilities [PDF]
- Data Tables 1a. and 1b. for White Paper [PDF] – Tables inclusive of:
- Facility names and locations
- Ten areas of subject matter
- Article publication name and publication date
- Total number and percentage of articles per area of subject matter
- Data Tables 2a. and 2b. for White Paper [PDF] – Tables inclusive of:
- Article and publication details
- Language used to describe the abuse
- Total number and percentages for types of language used