This toolkit will provide policymakers and others with information on quality of patient experience. It will provide data, a fact sheet and explanation of data, and a brief with recommendations about inpatient treatment. Data will be drawn from submitted reviews. Quality indicators will be derived from common themes of positive/negative experiences.
The final toolkit is anticipated to be uploaded May 2017.
Data and Research
- Original Data Tables: Table 1a is a table inclusive of all facilities by name with indicators of Yes, No, Mixed results, and N/A for quality indicators. Table 1b is a table inclusive of number/percent of facilities and indicators.
- Original Data Explanation (Easy-Read): explanation of how data was collected, and data results.
- Overview of Prior Research [PDF]: Brief overview of research on quality of care in inpatient settings inclusive of patient experiences.
- Overview of Prior Research (Easy-Read): Easy-read version of the research overview.
Mental Health Advocacy Organizations, Patients, and Families
- Policy Brief: Key issues within inpatient treatment based off prior research and data tables 1a-1b. Suggested advocacy directions of mental health organizations. Advocacy methods for patients, their families, and other advocates.
- Policy Brief (Easy-Read): Easy-read version of the policy brief.
- Fact Sheet (Easy-Read): Fact sheet on key issues, and advocacy methods.
Policymakers and Hospital Management
- Brief for Policymakers: Key issues within inpatient treatment based off prior research and tables 1a-1b. Recommendations for policymakers.
- Brief for Administrators and Other Management: Key issues within inpatient treatment based off prior research and tables 1a-1b. Recommendations for hospitals.
- Self-Assessment Tool for Hospitals: A tool for hospitals to self-assess quality of patient experience